Extended deadline for Public Consultation for the adaptive reuse of Edifici Mondo in Salerno
As CLIC team, we are really proud of your efforts and enthusiasm in sharing your ideas for the adaptive resue of the Edifici Mondo, in spite of these trying times we are all going through. Now more than ever, we invite you all to participate, reminding you that your cooperation is essential to awaken these sleeping giants and build together something good for the community of Salerno.
Therefore, we are happy to announce an extension of the call until April, 27. We remind you that all proposals have to comply with the circular economy model, describing the project of adaptive reuse for the interested building / buildings, highlighting the capacity of regeneration of cultural, natural, social and economic resources, addressing the following questions:
- How the historical, cultural and social values related to the Edifici Mondo are preserved (respecting the authentic and intrinsic historical, architectural and artistic characters of the property) and “regenerated” / reinterpreted by the proposal?
- Is the proposal able to regenerate the natural resources thanks to technological solutions compatible with the asset? (e.g. increase of biomass and nature-based solutions, use of energy from renewable sources, reuse and recycle of materials, reduction of construction waste, water recovery and reuse systems etc.)
- Is the proposal capable of generating an economic return such as to make the project self-sustainable in the medium-long term?
We count on your ideas to produce positive impacts on the territory of Salerno, such as
- creating new jobs
- improving the quality of the Historic Urban Landscape
- boosting creative, cultural, innovative businesses and local crafts
- increasing the attractiveness of business and tourist activities as well as recreational opportunities and residential services
- increasing the wellbeing of local community
The selected proposals will be further developed during the Co-design Circular Business Model workshop held by ICHEC Brussels, with the Municipality of Salerno and CNR IRISS. Due to the Covid19 emergency, the business workshops will be structured as online meeting schedulded as it follows:
- 11/06 14:00-18:00
- 18/05 09:00-13:00
- 25/05 14:00-18:00
- 04/06 14:00-18:00
- Closing session on 08/06 10:00-12:00
Participants to the workshop will be supported by national and international experts to improve the urban, technical and economic-financial feasibility of the submitted proposals.
Stay tuned and remember: it’s not late to submit your proposal!